Current Social Distancing Guidelines for In-person Worship
- As you arrive, we will have greeters directing you as you enter the worship building. We will only have one way into the building. Please allow them to open any doors that may be closed.
- We will use an infrared thermometer to check temperatures as people arrive.
- Everyone who attends will need to wear a facemask while in the building. If you do not have a mask, we will have individual cloth masks available for you to use and keep.
- We will be making an attendance list in case we do have someone in attendance who shows symptoms as a later date. This way we can contact everyone in attendance on a given Sunday.
- Once in the building we will have ushers who will seat each person or family. During this time, you may not get to sit in your favorite seat, but remember, this is only temporary.
- Once the worship service ends our ushers will lead each individual or family out of the sanctuary.
- We will not pass and offering plate during the service, but we will have them at the exit for you to drop your offering into as you leave. Remember, you can give through the mail, stop by the office, or give online at www.cuthbertfbc.org/give.
- While the bathrooms will be available, we would ask everyone to attempt to limit their use.
- I know many of you may have quarantine fatigue and may want to visit with people you have not seen in weeks. Please remember those among us who are at risk from Corona and make sure to maintain 6 feet as you visit with others.
Your leadership at FBC is doing everything we can to make attendance of in person services as safe as possible. Please understand, by attending in person services on campus, you will be voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to the Coronavirus.
Should I Stay Home?
- If you have been diagnosed with the Coronavirus or have symptoms associated with Coronavirus infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc) please watch our service through the livestream.
- If you fall into one of the high-risk categories for Covid-19 you may also consider staying home and watching the livestream. (Link: CDC People at Risk)
What If I'm Uncomfortable Attending at This Time?
We will continue to offer livestream to anyone who is unable or uncomfortable attending at this time. We do not want anyone to feel pressured into attending before they are comfortable returning. We will also continue to broadcast the 11am service over the radio (fm. 91.3) for anyone who would like to come and park at the church and listen.
Is There Anything for Children?
Jana Jackson and Jessica Redding have been doing videos and other socially distanced activities for our children throughout the pandemic. If you have children or grandchildren, you can find out about these activities through the Facebook group “Cuthbert First Baptist AWANA”.
What Are the Plans for VBS?
Tabatha Boyett, Rebecca Melton, Lacy Montfort, and Kayla Williams are still very excited about this year’s Vacation Bible School. Our ladies have some great ideas to facilitate VBS at a later date in several different formats. If you are a VBS volunteer they will contact you once a date and format are set later this year. Please keep these ladies in your prayers as they continue to plan in a very difficult situation.
What About Our Other Ministries?
Continue to pray for the many other ministries our church family normally provide. From our Sunday School, Children’s Ministry, to our various committees. I know the leaders are eager to begin ministering again. We will let everyone know as soon as we have a plan in place to begin these ministries once again.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will will resume our normal church services?
We are currently monitoring the federal, state, and local government. We will consider their recommendations along with the recommendations for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As soon as we have a definite date to begin gathering once again we will make sure everyone knows.
How do I continue to tithe and give?
You can give online by visiting this link - Give - If you are giving by check you can send it the church at: PO Box 274, Cuthbert, GA 39840. If you plan to pay by cash you can bring it by the church office.
Will services continue to be streamed online?
Yes, we will continue to stream worship each week. We also stream a Wednesday evening Prayer time.
I don't have a facebook account, how can watch the live-streams?
Our live-streams and videos are also available on this website by clicking on the Media tab in the navigation menu.